eskimosoup is looking for a creative wordsmith fascinated by all forms of media communications to join our team to help us achieve awareness and change on a range of health and social challenges.
Please note that this role is initially suitable for part-time or a freelancer available for regular contracted hours. A full-time role would be considered for an exceptional candidate with a great fit with our culture and values.
Our new social media and PR lead will join a small and dedicated team who collaborates closely with clients and communities to conduct research and cocreate exciting and meaningful communications campaigns across issues including, though not limited to healthy lifestyles, aspiration, substance misuse, exploitation, domestic abuse, and mental health.
Additionally, our new team member will work with the Managing Director, Social Media Manager and Senior Designer, and wider team to manage and enhance the eskimosoup brand through online community engagement, digital PR, press releases and traditional media liaison, speaking opportunities, and positioning our team as the go to specialists in our field of expertise.
The role will require the appointed candidate to:
- Run social media accounts on behalf of client campaigns, including: managing Twitter accounts and effective networking on behalf of the campaigns we run to learn, develop relationships, share resources, and reach the right audiences with the right messages.
- Introduce new techniques and platforms to keep us at the cutting edge of communications.
- Use a range of media to highlight the great work eskimosoup and partners are doing in order to create new opportunities to extend our impact within the right audiences.
- Use eskimosoup’s social media platforms to create new business and partnership opportunities.
- Internal journalism, copywriting and blogging across a range of platforms.
- Support project managers with content plans, copywriting, and ideas.
- Campaign press release writing and promotion into relevant traditional and digital media.
- Measuring and reporting impact through reach, engagement, and tangible outcomes.
It would be highly advantageous if the team member were also able to support us with journalistic and creative skills including:
- Interviewing on sensitive subjects for case studies and documentaries.
- Hosting podcasts, launch events, and video interviews.
- Writing narrative pieces and scriptwriting.
We are openminded as to whether this would be part-time, full-time, flexi or contracted hours with a freelancer. Our expectations are for pay to start at around circa £13 per hour / £25,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience and capabilities.
There is a real opportunity to progress within a growing and successful team.
eskimosoup’s team works with a flexible hybrid working model, though occasional working with our team from our base in Hull is strongly encouraged.
Who are we looking for?
An exceptional two-way communicator who wants to try new ways of communicating on issues that matter.
Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in working in a communications role covering social media, digital marketing, and working with traditional broadcast media.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have achieved results independently and as part of a team.
Being able to demonstrate how you have leveraged media to positively affect a health or social challenge would be a big plus.
For expressions of interest, applications, or if you have any questions about this role please contact John Gilbert, Managing Director via firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please and thanks.
Please send anything else that supports your application to John by 30th November 2021.
Having reviewed your application, if this is something we feel worth exploring we will contact you to arrange a call between you and our MD to explore the role and possible ways of working before arranging a more formal process of meeting the team and interview.
Formed in 2005, eskimosoup is an international award-winning creative media and marketing agency here to achieve social good.
Based in Hull, East Yorkshire, we purely apply our skills and efforts to important challenges set to us by clients including the NHS, Home Office, Public Health, police, education, leading charities, and socially focussed businesses.
Recognised industry-leaders in combining thorough research, co-production, and innovation eskimosoup has produced several world firsts in interactive media that have been showcased by Ofsted, the National Crime Agency, Education England, the Drum, Public Health England, the Premier League, and the UK Government.